Version 4.4.2 is now available. This is a maintenance release that addresses issues found after the release of version 4.4.1. To view the latest changes click here.
Available Features: (Full List)
- Professional Layout Design
- Toolbox exposing all Ribbon and Backstage containers and controls
- Code editor that includes syntax highlighting and autocomplete
- Improved CustomUI Image Management
- Improved XML Validation
About Office Ribbon Editor
Office Ribbon Editor's main focus is on editing the RibbonUI for Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. The reason behind this decision lies on the fact that the ribbonUI is managed with XML. Office Ribbon Editor is a feature rich application that includes such features as:
- Creating Office 2007 and 2010 documents without the requirement of having Office actually installed.
- Syntax highlighting and Autocomplete capability.
- Access to all Office 2007 and 2010 features from the ribbon to the new Backstage feature found in Office 2010.
Why develop Office Ribbon Editor?
As a Microsoft developer, I was faced with new challenges when Microsoft introduced the new Ribbon UI in their Office 2007 suite. In the beginning, I was excited with the possibilities, but I quickly became overwhelmed with the amount of work that was required to get a ribbon up and running.
I was extremely thankful when I came across the OpenXMLDeveloper's web site and discovered their tool. Coding became easier, but I soon found myself yelling at the editing tool! This is when Office Ribbon Editor was born. My application is based on OpenXMLDeveloper's CustomUI Editor.
My goal in developing Office Ribbon Editor was to:
- Correct issues or failures I found to be annoying.
- Introduce a better coding environment with helpful tools.
Can Office 2010 documents be edited?
With the recent release of Version 4.0, Office Ribbon Editor has the functionality to create Office 2010 documents and create or edit the new Office 2010 Backstage.